Monday, October 4, 2010

No more cheating

Soda Springs' finest -- its geyser, which goes off every hour on the hour. Very cool.


More ammo for Zippy's commitment hearings, this time at an Oregon Trail stop.


Coming out of a Flying J (we stopped at about four of them today), we first encountered a homemade "sheep on road" sign, which led to a small herd of sheep that had just finished crossing.
Not five miles up, the traffic stopped. After a little while of having no idea what was happening, I dispatched Zippy to run up in front of the semi trucks to see what was going on.
She returned, saying something was all across the road. I asked if it was sheep and she said no, it wasn't moving. But I got out and looked from where I was standing, and the mass WAS moving.
Sure enough, a huge herd of sheep was meandering through, led by dogs and being pushed by cowboys.


So now I can honestly mark off Idaho as my 50th state. I'd crossed the border before, but this was a real visit with a meal and sights.







No comments: