Thursday, September 16, 2010

Idol fever


I've been on Billy the two rides I've done this week. I did the penning again and Billy just seemed to be on his own time schedule. He refused to do a darn thing I asked him to. Apparently, the wranglers feel he's stoned, and he really does look it.
Heidi, Vivian and myself on our mounts: Scout, Skip and Billy. You can see the would-be cattle in the background.

Billy, the equine cattle prod. I used his biting habit to held push the cows. They didn't like it.
At one point, the joker wrangler assigned us to herd the entire herd (maybe 10 head) into a little pen. We were doing just fine, really, when he decided to have more fun and cause a stampede. Then we enlisted the help of some of the other riders and got them all in.

Here's an action shot of us cutting the cows. Again, it was a lot of fun. Friday morning I am supposed to graduate to wrangling horses, but I won't be able to take a camera along for that.

No comments: