Sunday, December 21, 2014

New this week: massages

So, in an excuse to post more Bhutan photos, I'll fill you in on my attempt at getting massages.

Last Saturday, one of my newer colleagues asked if I wanted to join her in going to a massage. I’d really been meaning to, so I went ahead.


All the trucks were personalized.
Really, it was a cross between a chiropractic treatment and physical therapy. Incredibly painful.
It was kind of funny because I speak no Chinese my friend does. My masseuse didn't try to talk to me but Vicki told me later he had talked with her masseuse about me. He told her I fell asleep.
I appreciated the edit. If you look closely, you can see it.
Hardly. I was trying not to scream! Oh, man. He did something on the lower left of my head/neck -- where my migraines originate from -- and I thought I was going to wind up paralyzed or blind. Seriously. The next day, it was tender to the touch.

I liked this flower box outside of a museum
Left hip -- which has bothered me for a few years -- same thing. I was almost in tears it hurt so bad. Massaging to the bone, I guess. And the pain went on for days, yet I returned on Tuesday for another.
That one left me bruised, for real. I have a fairly large (but not horse-throwing-me-off large) bruise on my butt, where she worked out some kinks. (I was told to not sit at a desk, which wasn’t really helpful.)
A heckuva tall tree, and very old.
They recommended I go a couple of times a week to get my neck and hip straightened out. And I don't think it's a load of bull. Anything that hurts that bad has to be good for you, right? I felt like the person was legit.

Some weird Buddhist ceremony. We stayed around four hours.
I’ve now had three, and yesterday’s wasn’t too bad. She (I’ve had the teacher guy once and two lower level women the next two times) spent quite a bit of time on my neck and shoulder again.
Lots of really funky and badly choreographed dancing.

My left shoulder has been a problem forever. I remember way back at Florida Law Weekly it being an issue. It’s just never been right, and the masseuses can definitely tell. Though my colleague, she basically asked what the heck I was doing with it, and then she moved it some very torturous ways. The right one, you can do the same thing and it’s fine, but the left one just hurts terribly.

Attempt to be artsy
I think for the New Year resolutions, I need to figure out how to utilize the free weights, or whatever would help, and get that into form. I need to do something.

No comments: