Friday, March 4, 2011

I found the camera cord

The camera cord's been located, so I am now free to post photos of Palm Springs and D.C. Plus I can send our photo to that Havana Herald that shows us reading the paper in Palm Springs. Ha.
Here's Zippy at the Palm Springs aerial tramway, which is a 10-minute, 2-mile ride up a mountain in a little car that holds 82 people. The floor of the car rotates slowly so you can see all around as you pass through zones.

We didn't see any animals, but you could see over to the dessert and up the mountain. There was something like a 30-degree difference in temperature between the bottom and top. I think it was about 10,000 feet.

Here's the way down on the tramway. I was kind of crammed in the back on the way up and couldn't snap any photos in that direction so I'm sure this is headed back to ground level. You can see the little tower (really a big tower) where the tram went over. When it hit the other side, it wobbled in the wind.

View from 10,ooo feet. I think this was in the direction of the desert, or at least that's what I was aiming for.

We were that close to Pasadena, so I we figured we might as well stop by. This was Valentine's Day and they'd already trimmed the rose bushes.

My pet peeve, or one of them. I am so convinced men are the sole designers of bathrooms like these. It's not the first time I've seen them, but God, it's annoying.
My church in Detroit built a whole new building and the first time I used the bathroom, I banged my leg on the TP holder. I've used other ones where I my knees bumped the door. There's just not room to sit down without banging the crap out of your legs.
So I'm sure it's men who design the things like this. Obviously, it's far easier to use if you don't sit down.
I had a hell of a bruise on my leg from smashing the beejeezus out of it. Come on architectural gurus, leave clearance for the TP holder!

No comments: