Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Off again

So far, I'm pretty much heading down to Orlando every other week, and I'm keeping up the trend tomorrow.

This time I'm not babysitting but rather meeting up with Dana -- and meeting Tom. I'm heading down tomorrow, meeting her at Emeril's and then coming back Wednesday afternoon or so. Zippy's going.

My secondary task is going to be tracking down info on my little car. My temporary tag expired (wherever it landed when it flew off) and it's still not forthcoming. Seems the seller hasn't yet sent the title over to the dealership.

I've been calling the dealership -- I didn't buy the car from them, but she's a friend of the seller and we did it that way to make the paperwork easier. Well, that was the original plan and a nice thought.

I'm not sure what's up with the seller, but it's been a month so I'm getting antsy. If I don't hear back from her -- I've called and e-mailed today -- I'll swing by her house. I just hope nothing is wrong.

Meanwhile, I've had my first flat tire in the car, which was fortunate on two counts: it wasn't one of the two tires I bought last week, and it was conveniently in the driveway when it went flat. Of course, I didn't notice it until I drove to Spanish class tonight and was two houses away (these being country-mile-spaced houses).

But as soon as I pulled off -- within site of my road, even -- two nice guys named Dave and Willie stopped and, as soon as I got situated in someone's driveway, changed it maybe twice the time of a NASCAR pit crew. So that was as nice of a flat as one can get.

Riding on the donut put me late for Spanish class, but that was fine. As I forgot my license AND was driving with an illegal tag, it was in my best interest to not speed, get stopped or bring unwanted attention upon myself.

Spanish class, which I'm taking at a friend's church, is a lot of fun. I'm taking French, too, and they're both on the same day, so the command "recite the alphabet" pretty much frightens me these days. But I really am entertained by this class, although I think I am far more into it than anyone else.

Mostly, it's made up of ladies who will be making a mission trip to Guatemala, I think it is. The teacher asks a lot what we want to know and I more than anyone tend to ask questions and suggest things to say. Part of it, I am sure, is I've now taught a foreign language to Moroccan students so I kind of know what kind of lessons are needed plus since I've studied a langage and lived abroad I have an idea of what kind of things you need to know.

And they had Valentine's Day candy today. The day cannot be a failure when there's Valentine's Day candy involved, you know?

No comments: