Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Groundhog Day

 We’re at the point where the days start to repeat themselves! I’m over a year into this post and, although I am not in any hurry to get out of here, I can’t help but look at the calendar and think, gee, only X months left.

And really, they all look alike. We’re at high speed at work and that’s not really going to end. It might kick into hyperdrive, though.

We have a week this month where there’s just not going to be a lot getting done. The week after next, we have four days of holidays. We work (well, a few of us) on Tuesday, but other that that, it’s a day off.

This past week at work was nutso because I had stuff to do every night. Usually it’s rare that I have one thing to do, and I really was packed for all. I don’t close often, but did so three days, then I also had a Bible study, a book club and then an outreach event. And then on Sunday I proctored a test.
On Saturday, I joined a busload of people to go to Panyu Square. Technically, it’s the last stop on a metro route, but we did a little road trip.
The place was really cool, as all ancestral homes are. Really, I like the architecture here, but it’s kind of running together. But I enjoyed the company, especially. I have a lot of really nice colleagues, and some of them don’t work in my department, which means I don’t get to spend time with them at work.
Here are a couple of photos. Other than the photo op, I’ve no idea what the doorway was for. The motorcycle guy was great, especially when you got up close and realized it was a real cigarette. The random corner I liked for the mix of new and old – see the security camera?

No comments: