Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanks a lot

Happy leftover turkey weekend. The Noles beat the Gators and Alabama lost. We’re No. 1!

Yet another thing to be thankful for … Florida State is back. I have a little garden sign on my door (thanks, Dana!) to show my colors. I’ve gotten compliments on it.

The Gator game started a bit scary but thank God it leveled out and wasn’t much of a contest.

I will be out of the country for the ACC championship, but I’ve utilized my new paycheck and invested/splurged on a Slingbox. This is a device that hooks up to Daddy’s TV and allows me to watch what’s on their satellite.

So far I’ve only tested it in dry runs, because the events I’ve intended it for – FSU games – have been since broadcast on national TV, or at least TV that I get. That ends on Tuesday, so I am hoping this works.

All in all, I think my preparations are somewhat in control. I had a little bump with Sprint, when the in-person associate at the store gave me a “I don’t want to deal with you” vibe by flicking her fake eyelashes at me and telling me to call customer service, but once I did that the guy on the line was really nice and my phone will be canceled with no issues.

The next step is to park my number, so when I return I should be able to get the same number. That’s increasingly important only because I have been giving out my cell number with several of the new accounts I’ve been opening.

As I get ready to close down everything outstanding, I was taking down my phone numbers. I don’t keep that many numbers in my phone, and I got a new address book to safeguard them.

Transferring them, I was a little surprised that for the first eight entries, every area code was different. I guess I know a lot of random people.

Anyway, how was your Thanksgiving? I went with a friend to her aunt’s house and it was really nice. I figure it’s probably my last Thanksgiving in the US for quite a while, so I loaded up on turkey, ham and mashed potatoes, especially.

Although I intended to stay away from Black Friday, I did get drug along at 6 p.m. on Thursday to Best Buy. People, go home. It’s a holiday! There is still football to be had!

Tomorrow is my last day in country and I really hope to wake up and get the necessary stuff done early and then shift into cruise for the rest of the day. I’ve started packing, but at this point it’s just throwing stuff in a bag anyway, so it doesn’t matter much.

I did realize that I shipped my Skype headphones, which stinks. What’s worse is that I am not sure if I shipped them by air or boat, so it could be 3-4 months before I see them again. Don’t expect any phone calls from me.

If I can get done with my stuff early, though, I might wander into town and try to see “Catching Fire.” I aimed for it today after church but the 1:30 show was sold out and I didn’t want to hang around until 2:30.

Mostly, I’m just trying to stay low key. No outgoing drama for me, thank you.

No comments: