Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting a grasp on time


Yep, we’re now more than halfway through February. I had no idea it was Michael Jordan’s 50th, but today is etched in my memory as Luc Robitaille’s birthday. Gotta love Lucky Luc.

There haven’t been any phenomenal updates since last week; so far it’s all gone as planned. Got my taxes filed, and due to the earned income credit thing I’m getting refund for the first time in awhile.

Still psyched for Feb. 27, when I head to N Augusta for some catering, but now I have another short trip: I have to head back down to Bismarck on Friday. There is some two-day church mission seminar thing and I am going to have a booth. It’s Friday and Saturday and it’s cheaper for me to just stay down there than to drive back and forth.

The driving is going to stink because we’re going to have another arctic blast – the high on Tuesday is supposed to be minus 7 – and it’s supposed to snow. But hopefully it will work out. I’ll pack my blanket and MREs and hope for the best.

And then the next Wednesday … I’m out of here. I’ve already taken note of where the Chick-Fil-As are in both the Minneapolis and Atlanta airports. So excited for that.

So no matter what the real time is, my brain keeps fast-forwarding through February. Part of this is because the little digital clock by my bed keeps rushing me through the day.

I had no idea digital clocks could run fast, but this one sure seems to. I’ve set the darn thing three times since I’ve been here, but it seems to lose about 10 minutes a month. Right now, it’s about 12 minutes ahead and I know I set it again at the beginning of 2013.

Seriously, how does this happen with a digital clock? I didn’t know that could happen. I’m baffled as to how it does.

In work news, I’m happy to report that we’re now scheduling a volunteer work day this month. I was quite thrilled when I got a call (from across the parking lot; we have no phone system) to ask me to put together some promotional stuff.

Of course I would! Holy smokes, this is the same idea I’ve had and pushed since AUGUST. This same group of people keeps thwarting me and now they’ve come up with the same idea, ostensibly on their own. Yeah, right, but who cares? It’s getting done!

No comments: