Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hope Village

Here's our sign, in front of  Our Savior Lutheran Church.
A view from the church parking lot. This is the street that faces the road where Walmart is, so people driving by would see it.
This is the right side of the complex, taken as you exit to the left of my door. Outside of the frame is another big tent, which, once the floor is installed, will be a rec tent.


My walk home. Note the "street signs." I'm as far from the "Hiltons" as you can get -- that's me, right in front of the trees. 

Here's our food tent, which also has a acouple of communal laptops and endless cookies.
Inside the food tent. Notice the quilts, which people made and donated. I believe capacity is something like 160 people.
Two of the three trailers that have bathrooms, showers and the washer-dryer combo units. It's about a city block from me.

View of our sidewalk, two of the shower/toilet/WD trailers and our chapel/rec room. Right now the AC is busted, but being from Florida it doesn't bother me. I've been working here some thing week because the wifi is better than out in the bled.

Our parking lot, a day after it  rained.


This is the tools shed and a view of some of the offices on site. We've got all kinds of stuff going on in the village, and it's all related to flood relief.





No comments: