Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back to South Carolina

Merry Post-Christmas and happy pre-New Year's.

The holiday came and went with visits from Barry and Mackenzie and Wendy and Sean.

Kocur freaks out when Wendy comes over. She's a chicken. Just like Thanksgiving, Wendy showed up and Kocur just started visibly shaking. She refused to socialize and eventally went outside, which she normally hates to do.

Eventually, she came back in but when Wendy went to leave she ran off into the computer room to hide. I called her and she cowered. She refused to come and even hid in the fireplace. I decided to torture her and went and picked her up and carried all 35 pounds of her to Wendy's truck so I could pretend she was going with her.

Boy, the sausage ball just quivered. She is such a spoiled monster.

She's going to be abandoned tomorrow, when I head back to South Carolina. Karen is catering one more huge party and needs help, and since I'm no longer going anywhere Jan. 3, so what the heck?

Zippy might tag along, but mostly to head up to Charlotte, but she's not sure yet. I have no idea when she'll decide whether or not to go, but she has until about 10 a.m. to figure it out.

I'm trying not to think further ahead than next week, because it's depressing. No job,no prospects. I have faith it will come together, but at the moment it's not something to dwell on.

I'll be back to Havana, inchallah, before the Chick-Fil-A bowl kickoff.

No comments: