Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Again with the nephews

I'm done with South Carolina for the present and am back in Orlando babysitting nephews. Apparently we sent them back slightly damaged and Zippy and Papa aren't qualified to keep them for awhile.

It would help, of course, if the nephews would actually heed warnings, such as "If you're going to go outside, put on your shoes," but they don't.

Anyway, as it turns out, Zac ratted out Uncle Sean And His Motorbike Ride, so even though everyone in Havana has "Mud" attached to their name, I can now post the photos of the boys on their fairly tame ride.

So I'm now keeping them in Orlando, and God, it's going to be a long week. I've somehow already misplaced the gate opener thingie, and Chris is more freaked out than I am. Since I haven't been anywhere, it's got to be here. And since I have no money and no desire to wander around in Christmas traffic, I have no plans to leave the house. I figure it'll turn up.

The boys are asleep now, and I'm watching "The Men Who Stare at Goats." Amazingly odd. I'm amused at the Jedi references, but only because Ewan MacGregor is in it. And also because I understand some of the Arabic.

This week's plans are skimpy. I'm checking out some potential online purchases, but since I am again without a job, the possibilities are not exactly endless.
Yes, without a job. After I accepted the verbal offer and worked a month, it somehow went away. They reneged without much of a reason, not that it would matter. I'm trying not to get mired down in it or anything but it's dejecting.

I leave from Orlando either Thursday night or Friday morning and then go to Havana for Christmas. Shortly thereafter, I will go back to South Carolina to help with a party on Dec. 30. At first I didn't think I'd be able to, but since I have no job, I have no place to be Jan. 2, so why not?

The third photo here is from the Greenville opening of Ben's Yogurt Mountain store.






No comments: