Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth!

It's the Fourth of July and I'm in America. Weird feeling.

I tried to go to a party today, but got lost. I am so directionally challenged it's not funny. I just called the invitee and apologized; as it turns out, I think I was less than 1 1/2 miles from the place, but never figured it out.

Instead, I rested up more from camp and just putzed around.

Yesterday, Nic and Zac were here and Kocur got a workout. Zac loves her so. She went on three walks, and then I took the two to see "Toy Story 3."

It's an amazing movie. I mean, there is absolutely no flaw in it. It's a great end to the trilogy. See it. And be prepared to cry. Yes, for toys.

Camp is halfway done. I'm down to 74 hours a week, and that's about half of what I've been doing. So it's pretty amazing. I'm even done, for the most part, around 9 p.m. I learned a neat trick by Tuesday -- after finishing, go rush to the showers and get in before the onslaught of girls. That way, instead of waiting on an open shower at 10:30, I am ready for bed!

So last week it wasn't terribly bad. I'm only in the kitchen so it works for me. The kids eat on time and I get out as soon as I'm done.

Instead of getting back to Havana at 7:something p.m. on Friday, I was home at 4:30. It was great and Kocur loved it.

It's my only two-day weekend of the summer and I tried to make the most of it. (Yes, this includes putzing around.) I even went to Target, which is real civilization from where I am currently living.

Tomorrow, sadly, I have to be at work at 7 a.m. This will be brutal, but I'll get over it. I'm just so thrilled to be halfway done.

Technically, though, I am not sure I am halfway done. I am now in the kitchen, and that means I have to be there to feed kids. After residential camp ends on July 31 -- what I have been told is the end of camp -- there is another week of day camp. I might wind up having to work that, too.

In real world news, I've still heard nothing. Hanging on as best I can.

No comments: