Monday, January 18, 2010

Hail, hail, the gang's all here!

*BURP!* I've been officially welcomed back!

Leanne and Darren gave me a wonderful little brunch, complete with chocolate chip pancakes, and about 30 people came over to say hi and eat (and eat and eat, but there were still enough leftovers to feed a dar chebab!)

Ashley and James made for a wonderful waitstaff -- who knew an informal get-together used menus?

So thank you, Leanne (who swears she doesn't read this blog), and everyone who was able to come. It was so wonderful to see people after two (or, in many cases, a heck of a lot more) years.

So much has changed since I've been gone, like Leila and Chip being pregnant, Alexandria driving, my mom retiring and Trina getting
married. It's kind of strange to be dropped back in the middle of it all.

For those still keeping count, I returned to Orlando with Laurie on Saturday night (taking leftover couscous and ham, which I'm still devouring) to hang out with the nephews a little more. They couldn't come to the party since they had a Cub Scout event.

So I'm in Orlando this week and today Chris and I took the boys to work on baseball a little. Chris pitched and I caught while we tried to show them how to correctly hold the bat and stand.

And, at one point, I found myself trying to instruct Zac in Arabic. I was like, oh, wait. That's not right.

I still miss Morocco. My tutor said my host mom visited them this week. I wish I could e-mail her.

EC and I are still in communication. I sent him a childhood photo. He has none, so he shared this with me. It's from his "mut" (dead, translated here as "expired") passport. I still think he's "zuin."

No comments: