Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back in the USA




Happy New Year. I'm back.

I got back to Laurie's on Dec. 26, spent a couple of days with my nephews ("Who are YOU?") before arriving to the greater Havana area and greeting Kocur, who acted as if I never left.

That's a common theme right now: it seems I'm expected to pick up where I left off, and that's not happening.

At Laurie's, I freaked out in Target. Part of it, as you might figure, was due to the selection (THREE rows of calcium supplements? Holy smokes!) and I guess that frazzled me, because on the way out I really had heart palpatations at the electric doors.

The football game went fairly well, although I had a tough time with the crowds. It was nice to see Bobby go out with a win, though.
I've eaten at Cracker Barrel three times in a week.

Driving has been weird, but being a passenger was even weirder. I felt like we were going so fast!

Actually, I'm dealing fairly well, though. My mind is wired for vacation and I feel that's how I've coped all right thus far. We'll see what happens a bit later.

For now, it's all right, though. Mackenzie has been at the house and I've gotten to spend some time with her. She gave me a makeover today, which might come in handy if I have a job interview requiring four layers of lip gloss.
And now the job search really begins.

No comments: