Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Hell, Chee-sar

 
Globally, life sucks right now; I get it. Here, in particular, we have layer upon layer of suck being thrown on. Issues at work compounded with six months of (legitimate) election protests, COVID, depressing winter blahs. Today, I woke up to yet another four inches or so of snow, which, although pretty, is basically another crushing blow to my psyche. Just so over it.

We’re also had issues getting our mail – don’t get me started; I proposed a solution but got shot down – but word was, there was mail today! Just so happy, because I had an Walmart order and an Amazon order outstanding. The Amazon was just a piece of workout equipment I’d ordered at the tail end of December and by now my motivation for using it has dwindled, but I’ve been looking forward to the Walmart order since mid-December, when I placed it.

Want

I’d already received the rest: a Hank Williams CD and some powdered milk and alfredo sauce, with just one jar sacrificed to the evil shipping gods. Those came awhile back; after all, I’d placed the order on December 14.

So today’s the day for the balance of the order, I tell myself, and oh, man, I am so looking forward to six family size bags of Cheetoes. Hail, Chee-sar!

But alas, there are no Cheetoes and through my disappointment, I go to the Warmart site to verify I really did order them and try to track them. And yes, I really did order them, but tracking came up empty. There was one entry in the tracker thing, which was that the order was received in Atlanta. After maneuvering through all kinds of clicks (honestly, the more “customer-friendly” sites are becoming, the more frustrating they are to deal with), I found a way to chat with what was alleged to be a Walmart employee somewhere.

The very nice person (or maybe AI; I don’t know) managed to confirm that Walmart did indeed receive my order but then  … well, things got fuzzy there. Something about a truck not making it, a driver not doing something and the end result being I have no Cheetoes lost on the way, which is what I’d hoped had happened.

The friendly person/AI will be dispatching replacement Cheetoes to me and I am thankful for that but I WANTED MY CHEETOES. It’s just been such a brutal year, not even so much COVID but everything else and I’d been hoping week after week they’d be in the mail. It’s kind of crappy that Walmart didn’t, you know, pay attention when a whole van of cargo had issues because I’ve been hoping they’d arrive.

I just need a bone thrown at me about now, and this time, I was hoping the bone would have been in the form of a crunchy orange … gosh, I am not even sure what Cheetoes are. Probably better off knowing. But I want them.

No comments: